This program was developed to support the concept of regional programs and cooperative relationships with the school districts, educational service units and consortium of school districts in order to:
- Maximize resources in providing programs and services for children who are deaf or hard of hearing;
- Provide a network of support and services that will serve as the state infrastructure to link programs together and assist in the enhancement of a child’s educational program;
- Contain costs now in order to assure future funding;
- Provide continued support to quality educational programs, which may include center-based options;
- Reinforce the belief that children who are deaf or hard of hearing benefit from education with hearing and deaf or hard of hearing peers;
- Continue state leadership and support for a full continuum of placement options for children who are deaf or hard of hearing.